- Alternate Music
from Ryan Mance (email@example.com)
- To change the background music at the file selection screen, start a new player and enter your name as ZELDA. Capitals only.
- Easy Money
from Sean Caruso (SMC1185@aol.com)
- In level three, the boss will taunt you and say that you'll never find him. To get to him ram the wall with pegasus boots. To get infinite rupies, get to the boss, but don't ram the wall. A bunch of little blobs will start falling out of the sky. Kill these for as long as you want for easy money.
- Extra Seashells
from Game Slayer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To get a bonus seashell, find exactly five secret seashells, then make your way to the seashell mansion. Once inside, walk right until water flows up that big pipe. Another bonus shell can be found by doing this with exactly ten seashells.
- To fly you must have the Boomerang and the Rooster. Throw the Boomerang and pick up the Rooster. Then the Boomerang will hover below you. You cannot get attacked by normal enemies but you may attack them!
- Fun With Marin
from Blabbermouth (Smart067@ride.ri.net)
- After you beat the first 3 levels get Marin to follow you.Here are some things that you can do.
1. Beat a chicken with your sword.
2. Look in a chest or break a pot.
3. Go down the well in Mabe village.
4. Go into a dungeon and come out when you are almost dead.
5. Talk to the Chief Bear in Animal village.
6. Play your ocarina and ask what she thinks of it.
7. Take her to Trendy Game (The Best One)
- Game Genie Codes
from CYBERNA (email@example.com) and Peter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
054-EE9-E6E Get 5 rupees per rupee
324-EE9-E6E Get 50 rupees pre rupee
FF4-EE9-E6E Get 255 rupees per rupee
FAF-BDA-4C1 (see next code)
FAF-B2A-4C1 Infinite rupees (rupees aren't
deducted for purchases you can afford)
- Heart Pieces
from ShAnE tHe Pain (TMcgo55492@aol.com)
- Here are the locations of the pieces of heart using the map like a grid. A-Z = up, 1-16 = across.
- Keep Marin With You For The Entire Game
from Mike Hannemann (MikeTV14@aol.com)
- Get Marin to follow you (beat the first three levels) then take the WARP (the hole with the spirals in them) to the animal villiage. Walk to the left. When you are about to go to the next screen, push Select, and you should go completely warp across the screen. Now Marin will follow you the whole game.
- Level Two Power Sword
- We all know that if you get a lot of secret seashells something good is bound to happen, but they don't tell how good of a thing. If you get 20 of these shells and bring them to the Seashell Mansion they will give you the second sword. And a neat thing about this sword is if you have full life you can shoot with it
from Bill (email@example.com)
- To build a missile, place the arrows in one hand and bombs in the other. To fire, press A + B simultaneously.
- Money Saving Tip
from Zane Price
- If you're going to buy an expensive item, get it from the counter and go pay for it. As your money is being taken away press Start + Select + A + B at the same time. Choose SAVE AND QUIT then reload the game. If you were fast enough you'll have the item and most of the money you would have spent.
- Piece of Heart at the Fishing Pond
from Darren Sturges (Deggyboy@aol.com)
- North of Mabe Village there is a fishing game. There is one big fish directly below you. If you catch it the man will give you a peice of heart and 20 rupees.
NOTE: It helps to catch all the other fish before you catch this one.
- Poke the Walls
- You can poke through any wall to see if you can bomb through it. Just get your sword out and poke at the wall. If you hear a hollow clank, you can bomb through the wall.
- Revenge of the Chickens
from KoKoMo JoE and Others
- In Mabe Village (where Marin and Tarin live and where the game begins), find a chicken and beat it with your sword continuously. After you take enough swipes at it, it'll call the cavalry, and you'll be savagely pecked to daeth by vengeful chickens! you can escape them by moving out of the screen and onto the next. This works with doggies, too, but they're more irritable and independant than chickens are! Have fun!
- Second Power Bracelet in Animal Village
from Jesse Dovick (Kdovick@prcn.org)
- You can get the second power braclet by going to animal village. In animal village you go down to the walrus and then go up two screens and you will find a secret cave. Blow up the cave entrance so you can go in. Then go to the far left of the screen but don't go to the next screen. Then use the screen warp and press left on the control pad and you will end up on a roof with cracks. Don't make the cracked blocks fall or this could ruin the trick. Now go to the top left and go up, there you should find a chest get the chest and you will have the second power braclet.
- Skip Screens
from Steven Gauna and Others
- As you approach the edge of any screen, watch carefully. Just before the screen scrolls to a different section press Select to warp you to the other side of the screen. This trick makes it easy to bypass some obstacles.
from Bill (firstname.lastname@example.org), Daniel Yao and TazMan879@aol.com
- To steal from a store, take what you want then stand above the shopkeeper. As as he's looking at the top of the screen, run out the door.
There is one minor setback from stealing. After you steal something from a store, all of the characters in the game will call you THIEF.
Important: If you steal from a shopkeeper you can never return. Doing so is a death sentence! However, you can use this to advantage by choosing Save and Continue when the shopkeeper kills you. You can now re-enter the store and steal from it again.
- The Crane Game
from Bill (email@example.com)
- This technique is a little more effective way to get things on the crane game. Your timing must be just right, or you'll never get it. To do this trick, put the crane on the upper left hand side of the screen with the shadow over the left moving conveyer belt. Wait until what you want is in the lower right hand corner to drop the crane.
- The Riddle of the Pols
from Gregory Swapp
- If you have trouble beating level two then this is for you. In the room with the nightmare key first kill the bunny dude trapped in the blocks, then kill the bat and then kill the guy with the skull face. After you do this, the treasure chest with the nightmare key in it will appear.
- Turn Marin Into A Rooster
- When you go to the animal village and can't pass the whale, don't go to see Marin. Instead use the screen warp to get by him. Now continue the game as normal until you get the flying rooster. Next, go to the sea shore and get Marin. After talking to her she will be a rooster, but after a while her head gets a little messed up.
NOTE: Do not enter the crane game shop after you do this or your game will crash and freeze.